This Privacy Statement was published May 24, 2018.
At Total Control Systems (TCS), we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy in compliance with EU-General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/679, dated April 27, 2016. The purpose of this privacy statement is to explain when, why, and how Total Control Systems collects personal information, uses the information it collects, discloses the information to others, and keeps it secure. This statement applies to those who visit our website, use our products, apply for positions at TCS, and to TCS's sales, marketing, and customer service activities.
TCS is a leading provider of rotary and piston flow meters, accessories, electronic registration, and delivery software for liquid handling markets. TCS is headquartered in Fort Wayne, IN as a DBA of Murray Equipment, Inc. Its subsidiary, TCS Europe, is located in the United Kingdom. The address of TCS Headquarters is 2515 Charleston Place, Fort Wayne, IN 46808.
WHEN DOES TCS COLLECT PERSONAL DATA ABOUT YOU?
- When you engage with us in person, through email, by phone, via social media, or on our websites.
- When you are using our digital products.
- When we collect information from other legitimate sources such as industry associations, trade show attendee lists, TCS distributors, software integration partners, public sources or social media platforms. We only use this data if you've provided consent for them to share your personal data with others.
WHY DOES TCS COLLECT AND USE PERSONAL DATA?
TCS collects and uses personal data primarily for customer service and billing reasons. Additionally, we use it to perform direct sales and marketing activities. We also collect data about vendors, partners, and people seeking employment at TCS.
TCS may use your information for the following purposes:
- Provide product support and customer service purchased from TCS or one of its distributors.
- Send marketing communications which you have requested. These may include information about our products, services, and events. This communication is subscription-based and requires consent.
- Reply to a webform completed on www.tcsmeters.com.
- Follow-up on an incoming request via email, phone, or in-person discussion.
- Provide access to the TruBlue Distributor Portal.
- Perform contractual obligations such as order confirmations, licensing, invoicing, and the like. The contract may be with TCS directly or one of its distributors.
- Notify you of any changes to our standard business hours.
- Process a job application.
WHAT TYPE OF INFORMATION IS COLLECTED?
In most cases we collect basic information such as name, phone number, title, email address, as well as, your company's name, contact information, and social media presence. TCS may also collect comments and questions included in communication and other interaction between you and TCS in the course of regular business activities. From www.tcsmeters.com, TCS may collect IP addresses and actions take on the site.
If you apply for a job at TCS, any data provided during the application process is collected by TCS.
HOW LONG DOES TCS STORE YOUR DATA?
TCS stores personal data for as long as it is deemed necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected. TCS also considers long-term customer service needs and legal requirements. Therefore, TCS could retail your personal information for a reasonable time period after your latest interaction with TCS. When this personal data is no longer required or deemed relevant, TCS deletes it in a secure manner.
YOUR PERSONAL DATA RIGHTS
You have the following rights respecting your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data TCS retains about you.
- The right to request that TCS corrects any inaccurate or out-of-date information about you.
- The right to request that your personal data is deleted when it is no longer necessary for TCS to store such data.
DOES TCS SHARE YOUR DATA?
TCS does not share, sell, rent, or trade your information with anyone without your explicit consent, excepting the following cases:
TCS Distributors & Service Providers
TCS may pass your data to our distributors, agents, sub-contractors and other TCS partners with the intent of them providing services to you on the behalf of TCS.
If Required by Law
TCS will disclose your personal information and interactions with TCS if required by law, or if TCS reasonably believes that disclosure is necessary to protect TCS's rights and/or to comply with judicial and legal process.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
TCS reserves the right to amend this Privacy Statement at any time. The applicable version will always be found at www.tcsmeters.com. Check this statement occasionally to ensure you remain satisified with any changes. If any significant changes are made to our privacy practices TCS will send an email notification as well as place a notification the site.
YOUR RIGHT TO FILE A COMPLAINT
If this does not resolve your dissatisfaction, you have the right to apply directly to your national supervisory authority. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO).